February 28, 2011 by bobet888
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for one who is rich to enter the Kingdom of God.
If you have done any of the following, you may be serving money even if you think you aren’t rich:
* You have withheld from tithing 10 % because finances are just too “tight”
* You have gotten upset that someone didn’t pay back money they owed you
* You complained about how much money you make at work
* Spend more money on entertainment than on God’s Kingdom
* You say “no” to someone in need when you have the means to help them
* You own a car, home, or other possession that is out of pace with your income
* You are getting deeper in debt, partly because of your spending habits
* You seem to be addicted to shopping
* You aren’t saving any money, but you still are taking vacations and buying non-essential items
* You argue about money
* You dream of what you would do with a jackpot from the lottery
* You gamble even a small amount of money
* You would consider committing a very small sin if you would get a lot of money in return
Read an in-deep reflection on today’s gospel on this site – The Rich Man and Heaven .
Lord Jesus, please take me away from the grave mistake of loving money more than the Almighty Father in heaven. Teach me to trust God like a child completely trusting his father because he firmly believes in his love and goodness. Amen.